[CQ-Contest] "please copy"

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Mon Jun 24 23:50:08 EDT 2002

My favorite is "Thanks for Nevada, that's a new one."

The best on-site event happened to me a few years ago. I was coaching a new
general at his first FD and first time on HF. I went through the logging,
exchange, etc, and demonstrated a few QSO's. I turned the rig over to him and
went to the rest room. When I returned he hadn't made a single QSO. I asked
what the problem was. He said he couldn't tune anyone in. Puzzled, I asked
for an example. He set the dial, as you would on a VHF radio, to an even
frequency, like 144.940. The only problem was that there was no one zero beat
on 14.280 or 14.290, so he couldn't work anyone.

But then, FD is where many of us learned the inside skinny about hamming.

Patience is a virtue.

Tom, K5RC
aka NV7A (NOT N4ZA)

multipart/alternative