[CQ-Contest] "please copy"

Bob, N5RP N5RP at pdq.net
Tue Jun 25 14:48:48 EDT 2002

I, for one, am grateful for every contact I make during FD weekend with a
new station or operator that might normally never get on during HF contest
operations.

As I work the "inefficient ops", I make a point, not always, but often, of
thanking them for the contact, wishing them a "good morning'" before I give
the exchange, and even take a second to ask the op where the exact location
and setup situation might be.

Adherence to ultra rate highly efficient contest QSO exchange format ? -
not exactly.
Fun ? - yes.
Will it bring somebody new into a weekend chase ? - Hopefully.
Do I care at how inept the "other end" might be in the QSO exchange ? - Nope.

Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP at pdq.net
N5RP Station Page: http://web2.airmail.net/perring/station.html