[CQ-Contest] Please Copy - Not Worth the Bother

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 22:31:02 EDT 2002

C'mon guys. The "please copy" issue is a metaphor for the learning curve we
all have gone through. I can't believe you are having a literal debate over
it.

It is prevalent in FD because we are doing what Elmer's should do, teach our
operating skills and values to the newcomers.  Sometimes it is most effective
by direct instruction. Sometimes by demonstration and example. Yes, sometimes
through humor and trial by fire.

I wasn't able to go to FD last weekend, but I got on and made a few hundred
QSO's, taking the time to politely correct the uneducated, make suggestions
of technique to the unskilled and having the patience to work someone calling
endlessly or out of turn. That's why it is not a contest, but an operating
event.

Get a grip. This is supposed to be fun.

Tom, K5RC

multipart/alternative