[CQ-Contest] Recommendations for good portable contest radio

Bill k6km at cncnet.com
Fri Jun 28 22:31:01 EDT 2002

Yeah! For performance per pouind or per cubic foot, the Elecraft
K2 os far ahead of the crowd and it's made in USA. Add the
100W amp to the basic rig and you have a flyaway package
under 10 pounds including switching power supply.

The only downside, far as I know, is that it's menu driven and
not very intuitive. BUT I'm a slow learner and was able to
get my basic, 5 watt K2 to jump through hoops within an hour.

The rig comes as a kit. If you're not inclined or not able to
build it, a lot of folks would do the building for you.

It's worth a look!

Bill K6KM