[CQ-Contest] S50A&S59AA treatments

Tadej Mezek, S51TA s51ta at volja.net
Mon Mar 4 11:24:36 EST 2002

My name is Ted, callsign S51TA , age 23, active ham. I was never
disqualified or non-classificated in any of the contests except in case of
SCC-Slovenia Contest Club, in which committee can do whatever they want.

First some preface;
As a very active and young contester I was also very active in SCC-Slovenia
Contest Club and because of that, I quickly (1st) became member of
supervising committee of SCC and after a year I became a president of
supervising committee of SCC at age 19. Two presidents of this committee
make resignation before me, University professor s50k, and well-known s5
politician s50o because of strange things were happening mostly with money
transfers! (Nobody want to have dirty hands with that-ham radio is a hobby).
But I was only 19 (and happy to be among the top s5 ops) and started to work
as a president of the supervising committee! After a year they wanted me to
sign the papers as they prepared them but I doubted in such behaviour and
said "wait a second guys, I am not prepared to do things like this".( I am
young, raised in democracy, and with plans for a "clean" future.
After that they deposed me without my knowledge, and started to make things
difficult to me in every single way! Everything started few weeks before
WRTC2000, from which they wanted to depose me again but they could not,
because I came with a lawyer on hearings.
There is a much longer and juicy story behind this but that is not the
reason I am writing you today. For futher information and to ease making
final judgement maybe contact some hams from YU, Z3, LY, OH or non SCC
members!

In the year 2000 I was claimed 1st in EUHFC in LP Mixed category, but was
removed from classification list with no good reason, but with a bad
explanation, that contest committee did not get what they wanted/requested.
The winning person was of course S50A, the president of SCC.(They wanted
restart.bin from TR).
We were having big verbal fights about that. S56A contacted Tree, N6TR and
they proved to SCC that is possible that TR software gave out double serial
number, which happened to me, as it was the reason for non classification.
Last year (2001) I send the log, and again some problems..they wanted me to
send them a certificate from cabrillo that I was making contest within the
limitations. Only s56a and me were ordered to send this!
And here the scores are, they ranged me #4 and in final comments they wrote;

"The Sanctioning Committee discussed also the case of unsportsmanlike
conduct of S51TA and this operator is excluded from future contests
organized by Slovenia Contest Club."

I believe such committee cannot decide on and do sanctions like this. I"ve
send a letter in which I wanted an explanation, but till today nothing
happened!

I am asking you contesters if such thing ever happened to you?

I believe I am the 1st on planet Earth, ever treated in such way, with no
reason, only because I told to everyone about their business and trades in
S5 and because I was loyal to myself and I was only telling the truth and
nothing but the truth.
 If the SCC would be a real ham radio club for connecting ham radio
operators the number of contesters which donate points would raise or stay
the same, but lately, a big percentage of hams do not donate points to SCC
anymore!

Sorry for bothering you with such things, but I believe it is important for
me and some others to talk freely about the things happening around, It is
our hobby isn"t it? And I do want that this hobby will also be "clean" in
the future!
Maybe some non-democratic leaders will wake up!

73 Ted, S51TA