[CQ-Contest] March-April NCJ arrives

K4tmc at aol.com K4tmc at aol.com
Wed Mar 6 22:35:29 EST 2002

Wow!  Another great day at the PO box.

Front cover photos of K8MR and W8DRZ, and their mobile state QSO Party setup,
with a feature article inside.

This month's editorial titled Stepping Aside announces that Dennis, K7BV is
turning over the editor's position to Carl, K9LA.  (Note that I did not try
to spell their last names; heck, I can't even attempt to pronounce them! :-)
Thank goodness there is not a contest that has last names as an exchange.  Or
should we have a new contest category...)

Feature articles:
Some Notes on Two-Element Horizontal Phased Arrays, Part 3, Limits of a
Single Phase Line, The ZL-Special  (W4RNL)
Road Warriors (cover story)
A Visit to the NCJ Archives, A 30th Anniversary History Quiz (N0AX)
NCJ Reviews - Top Ten Devices DX Doubler
NCJ Profiles - Paul Gentry, K9PG
Station Profile - W0AIH

Columns:
Propagation - The Importance of Ground, Part 2
Contest Expeditions - The 6Y Team Vertical QRP effort in the 2001 CQWW CW
(using Elecraft K2's)
Contest Calendar - March to June 2002
Contesting For Fun - Glow Little Glow Bug, Glimmer
The Contest Traveler - Getting Through Customs
RTTY Contesting - A CQ/RJ RTTY Multi-Two Effort from the Shores of Lake
Buchanan
VHF-UHF Contesting - 6 Meter Operations from HC8N
Contesting on a Budget - Suggestions for the Young Blood Contester
DX Contest Activity Announcements - for 2002 major contests
International Contests - What Lies Ahead?
Contest Tips, Tricks & Techniques - UBN Reports

Results:
October 2001 NCJ RTTY Sprint
August 2001 NAQP CW

and more...