[CQ-Contest] Re: Self-posting

Bob, N5RP N5RP at pdq.net
Fri Mar 8 08:08:51 EST 2002

At 06:53 3/8/2002 -0500, KQ2M wrote:
>Bob,
>I am not a fan of what the "ZF2MM group" did this weekend nor do I think it
>is appropriate, but didn't YOU self-post yourself to the DX cluster in the
>CQ160 contest around 2100z?
>
>I don't know if that is against the rules or not, but it certainly is
>unethical!
>
>Please tell me how what you did is any different than what happened with
>ZF2MM?
>BTW, YOU did what you did BEFORE the "ZF2MM group" did what they did.  Seems
>like you set the example!
========================>
I have always tried to use mimicry and parrot repeats with an attempt to
show others how ridiculous they might actually be, in and on many platforms
of life.

As but example, I also posted for ZF2MM in the ARRL SSB test..... but look
at what my note was in that post..............  I was trying to arouse (
land to see how stupid their posts were becoming.

Those repeated 9 land posts for ZF2MM were more like a Jerry Lewis telethon
money begs than meaningful contributions to the performance of their fellow
contesters.
I, for one, resent being herded to a QSO like a fish to a net.
I like to think I herd more like a cat.

I have always used quotations and acts of blatantly dumb mimicry in the
hope that I might appear or sound so foolish as to bring others within reason.

IF I POST MYSELF IN A CONTEST ............  I WANT OTHERS TO SEE IT.
I WANT IT NOT LIKED.
I WANT OTHERS TO REALIZE IT IS WRONG AND STUPID.

And in consideration of same ,,,,,,,,,,,,, I do not send in my score on
contests where I do such acts.

For the 160 contest, and for ARRL SSB, my logs will ONLY serve as check logs.

I will always hope that others laughing with me (even "at" me if that is
what it takes) might arouse others to a deeper questioning of themselves
and their actions.

BTW, so as to better support your understanding of what I sometimes do.....
Have you ever heard 160 down here at 2100 ZULU ???
About the only thing I could have done to attempt to be more ridiculous
would have been to post myself at high noon.

As I recall, I posted myself as being on 160 during the ARRL SSB test, as well.
I believe I did my self post around noon time Texas time.  Duh !?

You know, Ham radio and contesting IS JUST A HOBBY !
IT IS CERTAINLY TO BE ENJOYED.

Radio and contesting is certainly NOT to be a platform for cheating others
of their enjoyment.

Fine performances results in contests should be performance of high
standard, not necessarily performances of high scores.
Bob Perring
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"
mailto:perring at pdq.net