[CQ-Contest] Cable modem questions

w5gn from earth to swbell w5gn at mxg.com
Mon Mar 11 10:23:25 EST 2002

To reinforce prior postings with regard to
RFI and ethernet, I have a 100Mbit network
with 4 servers adjacent to the left and two
servers adjacent to the right, with ethernet
cables running behind the rig (and on the
second floor, 14 feet above ground).

I have two routers (STRONGLY RECOMMMENDED),
one for ADSL (384K out, 1.44Mbit in), and
one for IDSL (144K both ways), cross connected
for reliability of access for business.

A 150 foot run of ethernet feeds the three
home machines downstairs, one of which has
wireless 2.4GHz keyboard and mouse.

I have never had any sign of RFI into the
network with full Alpha power, and I use
telnet connnections to packet clusters that
have never dropped, and I've run heavy
printing across the LAN while transmitting
without any impact whatsoever.

And I've never heard any RFI reception that
was caused by the network or the wireless
devices.

Barry, W5GN