[CQ-Contest] Re: Linears in the closet

James Neiger n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 12 16:32:44 EST 2002

It's interesting to me how we seemingly think the Italians are the (1) only,
or (2) mostly guilty of running power.

And even though it's appears to be against most of the rules, we think it's
a big joke.  Many of us know some who run smash, yet we appear to be in some
kind of awe that they're able to do it, and get away with it
year-after-year.

Where is this so-called "peer pressure", and "self policing" for which we so
admire ourselves?

Running super power gives those who do it a big advantage, yet we think it's
funny?

The Italians are not alone, and it seems to me that it's time for us to get
our collective act together.

73

Jim Neiger
N6TJ/ZD8Z