[CQ-Contest] Excessive power (in USA)

w5gn from earth to swbell w5gn at mxg.com
Thu Mar 14 09:29:05 EST 2002

When I came back from Gitmo and Navassa in 1972,
I was invited to speak at the Southern California
DX Club in Los Angeles that fall.

The current CQ Magazine had just published an
Editorial by Jim Hathaway, lambasting high power
usage by hams, and stating he personally knew of
hams running in excess of 15,000 watts.

At that SCDXC meeting, during the new business,
a ham stood up and asked that the club should
censure Jim, for lying about W6's amplifiers,
because  "Jim knows perfectly well hat I can't
get more than 13,800 watts out" and sat down.

Barry, W5GN