[CQ-Contest] More Contest Spots

Dennis Ponsness wb0wao at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 07:22:03 EST 2002

Jamie wrote:
>I invite more hams to check to see if their calls have "spotted" stations
>during contests.  VR2BG pointed out that somehow ZF2MM had
>spots made by his own call K9PG.  I checked, and there were
>four of those.  He didn't do that - but someone else did.
>
>All of this information was gathered from the DX Summit database
>search.

Hmmm, well I was way bored at work :-) so I decided to do the same.  This is
what I found:

DX-SUMMIT Spot Database:

WB0WAO-@  28388.1 UA3AGW      ARRL vy loud                  1359 03 Mar 2002
WB0WAO    14239.0 YO4RUI                                  YO0400 11 Mar 2002

To say the least, I was quite suprised!  The YO spot I DID make a few days
ago at the stations request, but the UA3 spot I did not make!!!!!  I did
work that station at 1357 on 10m on the 3rd during the contest, but I could
not have made the spot - the 'puter in the shack is not online!  It runs WFW
3.11 and is not internet "capable".  The ONLY way I can get online from home
is with my WebTV (forgive me!) that is in the living room.  To check DX
Summit or to make a post, I have to get up and go to the living room, turn
on the WebTV, log on, etc.  I have for obvious reasons, not made many spots
at all!  Sometimes I do go check DX Summit, make a few notes and then get on
the air, but never during the 'tests.  So, the bottom line is that someone
"bootlegged" my call on the cluster as well!

73

Dennis - WB0WAO