[CQ-Contest] TNX for Info, now ANOTHER ??

Dennis Ponsness wb0wao at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:05:45 EST 2002

Thanks all for the info on the most "popular" 'tests.  And TNX to Igor,
UA9CDC, for the info on the RDXC 'test.  Had a great time and will do it
again next year!!

Now my NEXT question is about logging software...

I take it there are 3 "main" ones - CT, NA, and TR.   I am running a 486
166MHz 'puter with either DOS or Windows For Workgroups 3.11 - nope, no
WIN 9x - and seriously doubt that I will be using rig to 'puter or rotor
control interfaces.  I will probably use the CW interface when my CW
gets up to "contest speed".  There is no packet cluster up here in this
area of Michigan - "Up North" - as of yet, but who knows someday there
may be?  I have a couple of these 'puters, and may want to network them
together as the YL wants to operate in contests as well when she
upgrades as a multi/multi or multi/2R.  Also, no CD-ROM drive on the
'puters either.

So, taking all of the above into account, what would be the group's
suggestion on the "best" one of the 3 for me to use?  I am kinda leaning
to NA as it seems to be the most "inexpensive" and has the capability to
allow me to create templates for contests.

See you all in CQWPX!  Have to work the night of the 31st, but should
get in a decent amount of time in the beginning of the 'test.

73

Dennis - WB0WAO