[CQ-Contest] Contesting on a Budget Column - Need Your Input!

PaulK5AF at aol.com PaulK5AF at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 09:53:00 EST 2002

Folks,

I'm most grateful for the flood of inputs for the first two columns of the
"Contesting on a Budget" series.  Now I need your help for the upcoming
column on used equipment.

I'm sure many of us have some interesting stories on their experiences in
buying used gear.

- Where do you look for used equipment bargains?
- What resources do you use to determine what piece of equipment you want to
buy?
- What are words in ads that raise your suspicions about a piece of gear or
antenna?
- What are the most high-risk and low-risk items to buy?
- How do you arrive at a fair market value?
- Package deals, is it usually better to go this route?
- Any comments on the on-line buying and selling?

Your comments on any or all of these questions are most welcome.  If you have
a story that you feel may embarrass a seller, I will keep the callsigns out
of the article to protect the innocent. (and the guilty)

Thanks in advance for your inputs.  Happy contesting and high rates!

Paul, K5AF