[CQ-Contest] Rooms at Crowne Plaza, Dayton??

Richard L. King k5na at texas.net
Fri Mar 22 13:06:15 EST 2002

At 16:14 3/21/02 -0500, Doug Priest wrote:
>I don't know what happened to the rooms. I called at 8:15 on the day
>requested and was told they were sold out...if anyone has a cancellation or
>would want to share expenses please contact me.
>
>73
>
>Doug W3CF
>w3cf at comcast.net
>or doug at w3cf.com
>w3cf.com-DXpedition Photos

The same thing happened to me. I think a few individuals must have reserved
large blocks of rooms for their clubs or friends.

As a result Susan and I will not attend the Dayton for the first time in 18
years. But I am sure that doesn't matter much to the hotel (or the
Hamvention). We will stay home and save our money for antennas, rigs, etc.

73, Richard

k5na at texas.net