[CQ-Contest] Re: Poisson 'de Avril

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Mon Mar 25 00:09:54 EST 2002

Doug K1DG wrote:

>I always win, but that shouldn't stop others from entering.

There is something fishy here.  I know for a fact, the log I sent
to him last year had a higher score than he claimed.  In fact I
found out that there were quite a few others that had higher
scores than he did.  I sent a local operative of mine over to
check, and when he went into Doug's shack, he was caught,
frantically shredding some documents.  All of the logs that had a
lower score than he did were still there, but as for others, they
all seemed to have disappeared.  All that was found was a large
bin full of shredded documents of some kind.  I was going to
register a complaint with the sponsor of the contest, but lo and
behold, I discovered it was Doug.  He said he'd check it out, but
I never did hear anything.  I'm not saying anything fishy is
going on but this year I'm going to submit my log engraved on a
piece of sheet metal.  And I'm not going to put my score on it
till I see Doug's!
Tom W7WHY