[CQ-Contest] More QRP Bashing

Paul Womble pwomble1 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 28 13:34:26 EST 2002

Tom Rauch wrote:

> All contests should award significant bonus points to the stations
> that copy QRP signals, rather than to the station who makes an
> effort to be weak.

This will never work Tom.

How would an op know to claim qrp points for a qso?

A few folks on this list have been very vocal about QRP.

"I have no way to know what power the other station was running"

"I never put /qrp in the log"

"using /qrp is illegal"  (No...in the USA it's not.  Plus not all qrp
ops answer to the FCC)

Life's to short...",  yada, yada, yada...

These great ops the feel QRPers are the scum of the earth would never
stand for this Tom.

73
Paul K4FB/qrp