[CQ-Contest] QRP

Nat Heatwole nat at ajheatwole.com
Fri Mar 29 10:54:06 EST 2002

> Ward, I have noticed this.  Perhaps it's just the fact that we work
tons of
> EU in DX contests here on the east coast and there's thus a noticeable
> number of EU stations not zero beat.

Gary,
Your answer doesn't explain why a lot of Europeans tend to call *HIGHER*
than zero beat, which was Ward's original observation. The fact that
East Coast stations tend to work a lot of EU does explain why many East
Coasters (as well as others) notice a large number of European off
frequency callers, but it doesn't explain why more Europeans seem to
call higher rather than lower.

73, Nat, WZ3AR
<nat at ajheatwole.com>
Greensboro, NC