[CQ-Contest] Mobiling and Contesting - Re-thinking preconceptions

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Thu May 2 01:27:45 EDT 2002

We all know how humble and reserved Jim is.  He won't tell you, but I will:
He failed to mention that he was the ONLY operator to work ALL 255 Texas
counties in that Armadillo Run -- 254 real counties plus a special county
proclaimed by the Texas Governor as Armadillo County (it followed the Texas
Independence Trail).

For that achievement, Texas DX Society flew Jim to Houston for the
ComVention where he was presented with his award (and got to meet all of
us).

Now.  I look back on the past weekend with regret yet again.  Due to other
commitments away from radios, I never got a chance to get on a play in the
FQP.  But, I swear I will never be FQP-less again!

73,
dale, kg5u