[CQ-Contest] Heil FS-2 Foot Switch

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Fri May 3 11:16:54 EDT 2002

> Have any contesters tried the new FS-2 foot switch?  My FS-1 just went
> belly up after 10 years of faithful service.  It would be simple to fix
> as the microswitch just needs replacing.  But it may be time to try
> something new.

I've had a hard time with the commercially avaiable footswitches.

I change my body position a lot during a contest.

Constantly trying to keep track of where the footswitch is in relation to my
new foot position was a hassle.

Years ago, I took a 3' long piano hinge, a couple of springs, a momentary
switch and two pieces of 36"x6"x1" (LWD) lumber and made my own.  Works
great.

73,
dale, kg5u