[CQ-Contest] Heil FS-2 Foot Switch

Milt Jensen n5ia at zia-connection.com
Mon May 6 08:13:57 EDT 2002

Mine is actually a "thigh" switch.  I bought a package of the Radio Shack,
large, momentary button switches and mounted them in small "Rubbermaid" cups
(the wife wouldn't let me use the good Tupperware stuff").

After attaching a cord with proper mating plug to interface with my radio's
PTT circuit, I mounted the switch assembly to the inside of the knee well on
the desk using the wife's hot glue gun.  Boy, those craft tools sure come in
handy.

I have had to take the assembly apart two times, a couple of years apart, to
clean the contacts.  A better quality switch would probably last a lot
longer.

I have a foot switch made in a like manner, in a "Rubbermaid" dish mounted
on a sloped piece of 1" x 4" board, with a piece of 2" x 4" under the rear
to lift the switch to a comfortable angle and a piece of 2" x 4" at the
front to rest the foot on until the PTT action is required.  Looks horrible
but works great.

Good luck de Milt, N5IA