[CQ-Contest] Downtown Dayton room available

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue May 7 15:11:14 EDT 2002

I just got called by the Crowne Plaza, offering me a room off the waiting
list from last June's magical first half-hour.  I took it, and as a result
now have a reservation available, if anyone wants it, at the Doubletree
Downtown.  For those who don't know, the Doubletree is about 5 minutes walk
from the CP.  Anyhow, the Doubletree reservation is cancellable up till 3
days beforehand, but I'm going to cancel it on Friday if I haven't heard
from anyone who wants it.

It is interesting that rooms at the CP should be freeing up so late in the
game, and the confirmation number the woman gave me was 95, which she said
indicated I was the 95th person on the waiting list to accept an offer of a
room.  Makes you wonder whether somebody with an "in" had held a biiig
block they just released.  She professed not to know.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org