[CQ-Contest] Foot switches

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Wed May 8 02:15:49 EDT 2002

Kelly Taylor wrote:

> Has anyone ever experimented with non-footswitch, non-VOX >alternatives?

I tried a switch in the mike line, but that sucked big time.  I
have a couple of foot switches here made from sewing machine foot
pedals that work very well.  I also have a one made from a pedal
that used to be on a transcription machine.  It has 2 switches on
pedal.  One for forward and one for reverse.  It works good to
key 2 radios.  Left side keys left radio and right side the right
radio.  Works for me.  73
Tom W7WHY