[CQ-Contest] Re: So much for the "California Kilowatt"?

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Sun May 19 23:00:02 EDT 2002

Let's be real, Dan. I do RTTY contesting. I've run an Alpha 77Dx (one
tube) 1500W all weekend and it barely got warm. I've run an Acom
2000A 1500W all weekend and it barely got warm. Both of these amps
will push 2KW, but that's about it. I've never had either break down. Any
more "reserve" is for other reasons.
BTW, I did see a Lamborghini on I-95 today. I passed him in my Toyota
SUV :.)
Barry W2UP