[CQ-Contest] eqsl.cc patents?

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Tue May 21 11:54:55 EDT 2002

I wouldn't worry too much about anything posted about patents for eQSL.cc's
system, especially what's posted at
http://www.qslcard.com/qslcard/reasonswhy.cfm  (I don't think that anything
there's changed in a long time, it all looks pretty familiar).   While I am
not a lawyer, nor do I portray one on TV, as a programmer I can't see what
there is to patent.

In essence, eQSL.cc is nothing more than a database application.  And the
.jpg files generated are just the output from it.

In any event,  I'm sure that the ARRL has taken this into consideration
during the design and testing of Logbook of the World, which they have
stated has a different purpose that providing .jpg files that simulate QSL
cards.

73, ron wn3vaw

"You are a fluke of the Universe
You have no right to be here
And whether you can hear it or not,
The Universe is laughing behind your back"
-- National Lampoon's Deteriorata