[CQ-Contest] contest radio comments

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Thu May 30 21:50:02 EDT 2002

Thanks for all the comments.  Made a quick decision to go with the
ts-2000 today before the sale price runs out tomorrow.

Deciding factors:
Ft-847 - no vox, adding filters brings price up

Ic-746 - no 70cm - lots of contesters try to pass me there from 2m.

Ts-2000 - 100w on 2m, no extra filters needed

The only question I left open was if the ts-2000 would work with ct?
anyone know about that??  If it does, which radio do you pick?  Does it
work with NA or N1MM or other programs?

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net