[CQ-Contest] Splitting States - new Sections

Bob Wanderer aa0cy at VRINTER.NET
Sat Nov 2 11:54:07 EST 2002

I *assume* this was made in jest as NLI stands for New York
(City) and Long Island.  Nevertheless, if we need more
sections :-) why not make NLI be North Long Island, and
create SLI for South Long Island and NYC for the five
boroughs of that city.  Even better would be BR for
Brooklyn, SI for Staten Island, BX for the Bronx, QU (or
QUE) for Queens (hopefully not too confusing vie a vie PQ
for Province of Quebec [which used to be QU]) and MAN for
Manhattan (which *is* the City to those who live in the
other four boroughs, Long Island, and the rest of the [lower
portions of] New York State).

Then we can carry it out to its logical conclusion:  East
and West Oregon, North and South Nevada, East and West North
Dakota and South Dakota, ad infinitum.  We could have maybe
200~300 sections!  That would make a clean sweep a real
achievement!

73,
Bob AA0CY/3