[CQ-Contest] Topband: Our friend KL7Y sk

Kevin Forster nl7z at mtaonline.net
Sun Nov 3 16:27:20 EST 2002

Clear Day
Nov. 2, 2002

It is with great sadness that I announce the death of Dan Robbins - KL7Y. On Oct. 31, 2002 Dan was in a motorcyle accident on the Big Island of Hawaii - and did not survive his injuries.

Dan has always been like a part of my famliy - we lived close to each other, and would help each other often. I am still in shock, as well as many other friends are over this.

Dan was just finished with the CQWW contest at KH7R, I am sure many of you had worked him during that time. He was in a place that he loved, doing what he loved, and had the pleasure to visit with many of his friends at the contest station. I am sure they are all gratefull of that time together.

We will all miss that familiar voice, and fist of KL7Y, his sense of humor, and his knowledge. We have spent so much time working on towers together, repairing amp's,  cutting phasing lines, enjoying famliy cookouts, and holidays. I don't think I will ever find a better friend.

I know we all have fond memories of Dan, so he will live on in our minds and hearts.

I spent many days being his ground man while he did tower work, looking up for hours to assist him. Dan, I am still looking up.....

73 for now old friend,
NL7Z     dit dit

p.s. - If anyone would like to send a card or a letter to Dan's mother, please send to this address:

Arlene Robbins
2202 Lydia Ave.
Zion, IL
60099-2038