[CQ-Contest] NYC Boroughs, etc.

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Sun Nov 3 23:48:45 EST 2002

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Bob Wanderer wrote:

> I thought NYC was created in 1899.  Otherwise, no issues.  I
> was born and raised in NYC (Queens) but left in 1975.
>
> There's lots of people wanting to secede.  Folks in western
> Kansas want to be part of Colorado; NYC wants to be a state
> unto itself so its taxes will stay in the city and not go to
> Albany; Staten Island wants to be part of NJ.  Connecticut
> claimed part of Pennsylvania until the early 1800's!
>
> Oh, well.
>
> 73
> Bob AA0CY/3

I've heard that California has wanted to secede.  Having spent some time
in Los Angeles, I can't figure out if it's another country or another
planet.  Cruise down Hollywood Boulevard on a Saturday evening some time

BTW, East Central Illinois is probably the only place where you can visit
Jamaica, Kansas and Paris all in the same hour.

73, Zack W9SZ