[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Nov 4 16:06:57 EST 2002

I think just about everyone would slow down for someone if they asked,
especially Sunday afternoon.  But I wonder, how many would slow down to 5
WPM?  Remember, that is the code speeed of the newbies...even newbie extras.

The exchange of KG4XYZ Nr 1234 B K4XS 62 WCF would take about 50 seconds and
the return exchange would take another 50 seconds to receive....almost two
minutes, if no repeats were required.  Honestly, how many of the big guns
would do that in the first hour of the contest when they are running a 100
hour?  Whatdya think?

Bill K4XS