[CQ-Contest] THEY WON'T QRS!!!!! and I quit!

Chuck discreetly_confidential at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 13:20:59 EST 2002

While I know that newbies can be overwhelmed by
the 'speed merchants' on contests.. I have just
one observation to make..

I wonder if, in the future, that when we ELMER a
newbie (or an 'oldbie' that has been away from
the game for a while) into the contesting fold
that we have him/her either sit WITH us as we
operate so we can help themovercome such
occassionas as this new guy experienced OR we can
jump into hold their hand until they get thier
'Contest legs'.

Just a thought. I'm not saying what was done was
wrong, I wasn't there and I don't know the guy or
his situation.. but I, personally, have always
had a newbie/oldbie sit alongside me or some
other experienced hand to get their feet wet and
get over the jitters.

Just a thought.

73

Chuck K3FT