[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?

K4SB hamcat at directvinternet.com
Tue Nov 5 05:12:27 EST 2002

> My experience calling CQ at 15 or 16 WPM in the CW Sweepstakes is that
> almost nobody will slow down to meet my speed.  Usually, I'm facing CW going
> at over 20WPM, and at best someone will come down to 18WPM or so.
------------------------------
One of the problems is the minimum speed that the program will allow
you to go. I think CT will maybe go as slow as 16 WPM, but others will
not.

I love cw, but I am also legally deaf...if you consider -82db
down...And it's not going to get any better.
This may have been my last SSCW.

I can still do 30-35 , but noticed this year it was a lot harder. Plus
the headphones were practically
vibrating at the audio I had cranked in.

And all the denials are a bunch of crap! This has and will continue to
be a problem now that the CW requirements have been practically
eliminated.

Maybe we can come up with a gentleman's agreement that at 60 kHz up
from the bottom, the speed limit is
lower! Say 20-25...

Perhaps if we recognize this as a problem, we can work on it.

73
Ed