[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?

N7MAL n7mal at citlink.net
Tue Nov 5 11:03:29 EST 2002

Mr. Elmer you get 90% of the blame for this problem Why didn't you start him
out on WAE and sending QTC's. Then not only would he give up CW contesting
but he would have probably had to change his shorts. I've been at this CW
contesting stuff a long time and the accepted rule of thumb,in the past, has
ALWAYS been whatever speed the guy is calling CQ at is the speed of the
contact. Every year, Every year, I run across K0RF calling CQ in excess if
35 WPM. I answer him at that speed, out of respect to him, we send each
other the exchange and I move on. Boys and girls you have 363 days a year to
learn CW, at a reasonable speed, and practice your CW operating technique.
Saturday and Sunday, of SSCW weekend,  is NOT time to learn how to send CW
or how to contest.

MAL               N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm