[CQ-Contest] Analyzing SS

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Nov 5 07:43:49 EST 2002

I'm trying to figure out my SS CW performance this year, while everything
is still fresh.

In that connection, it seems to me that, at least for those of us East of
the Mississippi, it's really two contests -- before and after the big break
in the wee hours of Sunday morning.  I think a good metric would be to
relate the first off time to the number of QSOs at that point, and compare
to the total.

I'd like to compile some data in this respect, and will share the result
with the reflector.  If you'd like to help, please send me the following
direct, and I'll massage the figures and post them:

1 -- when did you take your break (Z)?
2 -- how many QSOs did you have at that point?
3 -- when did you resume in the morning (Z)?
4 -- how many total QSOs did you have for the contest?

As an example, my responses are:

Thanks in advance!

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower