Fw: [CQ-Contest] CW Speed

k7qq k7qq at netzero.net
Tue Nov 5 05:53:30 EST 2002

Quack's    .02
I think that we are loosing Many newbies becauz of CW speed.  A friend and
his XYL both hams said that they got on during CQWW CW to try to work some.
The major problem, was they couldn't even get the call signs of the CQers  .
They both do CW around 15 wpm.
CW is a dying art and its going to have less and less of us to carry on,
I'm not a speed deamond. but when I call some stations that are CQing at 32
,  they seem to think they should come back to me at 40.  I do get the info
sometime but, that guy setting there trying to figure out his call and the
exchange info just got lost again.    I'm as guilty as the next guy in
cranking at 34/36 w/CQ SS, however I do slow down to the speed that somone
calls.

Last was KL7XX   78=WY  79=VE4   From  Illinois.
No fair changing the section in your logs now.
K7QQ/9