[CQ-Contest] N6TR's QRP SS

Charles Sanders no5w at txucom.net
Thu Nov 7 07:29:17 EST 2002

>Oh, I also think Pat also deserves a lot of credit for getting the station
>patched back together for Tree.  I don't have all the details of what he
>accomplished in just a few days, but maybe Tree can fill us in.

I am also interested in Bill's request .  Having a lot of business as well
as relatives in LA, I travel the Houston to New Orleans I-10 route
frequently and always try to get a glimpse of Pat's great antenna farm as I
pass by the Breaux Bridge area.

Headed to New Orleans on Thursday before SSCW weekend as I passed through
the area I was concerned as to what kind of damage Lilli had caused. Going
east I saw nothing -- maybe an 18-wheeler pulled along side or something.
But on Monday going west I could see several towers standing but couldn't
tell if any functioning hardware was still on top and wondered if Tree had
been able to make his annual SS CW trip to Acadiana.  Sounds like enough was
still available to allow him to make a fantastic QRP score.  Of course the
only requirement for that appears to be the proverbial "wet noodle at 30
ft".

A report on the effects of Lilli at W5WMU and Pat's efforts to get it back
in shape for SSCW would be interesting.

73,Chuck,NO5W