[CQ-Contest] Pile Up in the Top Ten Box

K4SB hamcat at directvinternet.com
Fri Nov 8 03:08:00 EST 2002

BILL STRAW wrote:
>   The question of what to do with uniques. This is
> probably meat for a years worth of discussion. IMHO,
> it seems that there should be NO uniques among the
> top 100 or so scorers in the CWSS contest.

Good post, butI fail to see why uniques should be limited to the top
100, else think all your remarks good and fine for discussion.

Every year, W4AX will get on and work me in the 160. He may or not
work anyone else.
Same is true of K4CY, my neighbor, ( alias 9K2ZZ who writes Logger and
Zakanaka ) and Bob would rather be thrown into a pit of vipers than
submit a log to the ARRL.

I've gotten dinged for these "uniques" for the last 2 years. And
afraid I sent a nasty
email the last time. If it happens again, I'm going to send ARRL the
QSL card!

If the ARRL is so rigid about uniques, let them submit a request to
the one who worked it requesting confirmation. Now, what are the odds
some little pistol will get on, work about 10 others just on for fun
on Sunday afternoon, and not one of them submits a log?

73
Ed