[CQ-Contest] Pirates, ghosts and things that go bump in the QRM

Larry N7DF n7df at zianet.com
Wed Nov 13 09:33:36 EST 2002

There are several things that should be considered when, through one method or another, you know for certain that you worked a particular station  but the log checking process showed the QSO as a unique, busted call or not in log:

1.  The other guy may have sent his call wrong.

2. There may be a pirate using someone else's call or a fictional call.

3.  Someone may accidentally send someone else's call instead of his.  This is possible in some logging programs. (i.e. in CT hit F5 instead of F4)

4. The station that actually came back to you was someone other than the station you were calling.  This happens a lot as I have confirmed by replaying tapes of QSOs.

5.  You may have typed the other station's call wrong.

6.  The other guy may have typed your call wrong.

7. The other guy may have accidentally erased your call from his log.

8.  You may be depending on a packet spot for the other guy's call and it is wrong on the Packet spot.

9.  Gremlins may have invaded your head and you are imagining things.

Remember E equals I times R is not just a good idea.  IT'S THE LAW!!!

73
N7DF

multipart/alternative
  text/html