[CQ-Contest] SS CW thoughts

Leigh S. Jones kr6x at kr6x.com
Wed Nov 13 18:16:02 EST 2002

I'm going to have to disagree with Mark here.  Both CT and NA are
notorious for sending the wrong QSO number by 1.  TRLog probably
shares this characteristic.  This is especially true in multi-operator
situations such as my operation at N6VR in last week's SS CW.  But
even when operating as a single operator there are numerous scenarios
where CT and NA will send the wrong QSO number.  Automatically
penalizing either the receiving station or the transmitting station
for this would contribute nothing that advances the purposes that log
checking was intended for... It might, perhaps, automatically penalize
operators that use computers for logging or automatically penalize
multioperator stations.  I really don't believe this would contribute
to the contesting art.