[CQ-Contest] Sweeps questions and observations

Ken Cechura kcechura at umr.edu
Sun Nov 17 17:50:04 EST 2002

First: the question.

We had a contact end up as a bad contact.  We know it now, as we worked
the guy AGAIN later on....  Do we trash the "bad" contact (the first Q
with the satation)?  If so, how will this affect log checking?

Now the observations:

I was very impressed with the number of new contesters on the air, and
especially of people having youngsters on the air!  I was even moreso
impressed with the situation that arose when one of our ops wanted to
make the contact with one youngster that was getting clobbered in QRM.
Our op simply said "stations please stand by, im trying to make the
contact with the poor little girl who's getting clobbered in the
pileup"...  The frequency went dead with the exception of our op and the
YL.  We made the contact....  This impressed me, and, after I get some
sleep, I will probably STILL be impressed with this.

Granted, EEE only had a measly 113000 points and 700 contacts...  We are
happy.

73
Ken

       Kenneth R. Cechura, KC9UMR