[CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???

K8KHZ-Sean Fleming sean at k8khz.com
Sun Nov 17 23:22:05 EST 2002

    This last Phone November SS I worked many place s on 80M. Actually it
was so packed on the 80M band south of 3.850 that it was had to find a home.
One place I stumbled across was 3.793. When I started calling CQ there was
the band police. "DX Window". This station though was not identifing so I
just ignored the crazy man. Though I went onto the web and found that this
small  piece of space from 3.790-3.800 is a DX window. though I myself would
never hear dx there in that small space and being on 20M I could not believe
that that is the only place dx shold be. In my search for the Truth to this
matter. I look at my Operator manual and yes I see this so called "Dx
Winodw" but then I peer up at the top of the page to read on about
The"Considerate operator's Frequency Guide". These few paragraphs go on to
say, "Nothing in the rules recognizes net's groups, or any individuals's
special priviledge to any specific frequency." "No frequect will be assigned
for exclusive use of any station." and finally, "Check to make certain the
frequency is not in use."
    So, I look on to the next page the US Amatuer Bands Bandchat where I see
US Extra hams are allowed phone from 3.750 to 4.000. This covers this small
space. So in conclusion I asked if it was in use  and there was no reply. So
called CQ. I was using it and there was no DX there before me. So, Just
because that maybe it is the "DX Window" we shold all know frst to be there
has the frequency untill it is relenquished.

-Sean  K8KHZ