[CQ-Contest] Harrassment?

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Mon Nov 18 11:36:26 EST 2002

I didn't run into that, but I did run into the clown on 28325. This guy
started off out of nowhere really foul mouthed. I guess he took a disliking
to my voice keyer. Without insulting anyone, he did have quite a regional
accent and my beam was pointed at 85 degrees from LA. He kept telling me the
contest "just wasn't going to happen" on his frequency, even though I had
been running there for 30 minutes. My recording of it would be hilarious, if
it wasn't so sad. I worked a few guys through him just to show him I could.
20/20 hindsight, I should have faked a real good run of QSOs and pretended
he was piss weak, but that didn't occur to me until later. I'm proud to say
the only thing I said to him was "Do you have a call sign?" and "We'll have
to get Riley after you." Of course, then he started being foul mouthed about
Riley.

73, Ken, K6LA