[CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Nov 19 09:35:41 EST 2002

At 06:20 AM 11/19/02 -0800, Leigh S. Jones wrote:
>I think that it's a little presumptuous to call "DX windows"
>gentleman's agreements.  They are special interest
>arrangements that have been invented without universal
>concurrence.

I'm wary of seeming inconsistent, since I adamantly oppose contest-free
zones on the other bands, but it seems to me that a few kHz on 80 during
phone SS is an acceptable compromise, particularly given that SS is a
domestic contest and domestic signals are ALL so darned loud on 80.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower