[CQ-Contest] ACOM Customer Service

Bruce B. Sawyer zf2nt at candw.ky
Wed Nov 20 00:40:03 EST 2002

You said:

>A couple of months ago I bot an ACOM A-1000 6M thru 160m ampl.
>
>The amp arrIvied slightly damaged tnx to ruff handling by UPS!    Damage =
>was cosmetic and the ampl wked fine.  I filed the required damaged =
>reports with UPS.
>Eventually they made it to Will's desk at acom.
>
>I figured at best I wud get some new sheet metal from ACOM but was =
>amazed to hear that Will was going to send me a whole new  ampl!!   Not =
>only did ACOM send a new ampl they did it b4 getting the damaged one =
>back!
>
>They also paid for the rtn freight charges on the damaged unit.    I say =
>they went above and beyond wat most suppliers would do in today's  =
>world.
>
>3 cheers for the boys at ACOM  de Bob, W7GG

All I can say is...you don't know the half of it, my friend.  I bought the
2000A amp, S/N 100, and the support they have given me has been just
unbelievable.  I have had tropical bugs crawling through it causing
shorts...left it out in the rain to get waterlogged...exposed it to salt
spray...and abused it as should never be allowed.  Yet Acom has bailed me
out every time, unflinchingly.  Three years later, despite the abuse, it's
still chugging along like a champ.    Yes, those guys do a super job of
supporting even us dummies.

73,
Bruce, ZF2NT