[CQ-Contest] Logging Program Question

Scott Nichols snichols at mvosprey.com
Wed Nov 20 14:58:34 EST 2002

Ray...

FWIW, I have been trying out different logging programs for years and
have yet to find one that covers everything I want for contesting AND
general logging, all in one package...

My absolute favourite (by far)  for contesting is N1MM Logger, a real
Windows program (no DOS Windows, Boot disks, TSR's and stuff) with all
the features needed...Programmable macros for CW, SSB wav files, RTTY
and PSK31...Connects to Telnet/Packet for spotting...The best looking
bandmaps I have seen..."Enter Sends Message" mode is one of my favourite
features (eliminates using "F" keys for each message, the ENTER key
takes you through the whole QSO, from CQ to TU)...Two radio
support...Excellent technical support and it's FREE (Not Shareware with
a free trial version, it's free for the latest fully functional
version)....Cabrillo, ADIF etc etc export...The list goes on and on...A
real professionally done, fully featured piece of Windows software...Try
it...

WriteLog is also an excellent Windows contesting program...Can't vouch
for it's general logging capabilities, but it is a good contesting
program...Between Writelog and N1MM, I get just about all the contests
supported that I work...

For general logging I have chosen Win-EQF...Great award tracking,
searching, radio support and a fairly good contesting module...It's
designed more-so for general logging vs contesting

A search will give you dozens of other ones...Some good, some not so
good and many I haven't tried...10 people will give you 10 different
opinions...Try a bunch of them, there are lots and one may just fit what
your looking for...

Have not heard of a website that rates the major ones, although someone
else likely has found one...

Scott VE1OP