[CQ-Contest] 10 meters in SS

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Wed Nov 20 16:46:35 EST 2002

I love ten meters too...it's a great band.  I wouldn't miss the 10 meter
contest for anything.

However, you guys out west love ten a little more than we do back east.
Sweepstakes is a matter of working the large areas of population.  For you
guys it means getting on ten to work the midwest and the northeast.  When the
band is open east west like that it is harder for us to get a really good
opening to those areas here in the southeast.  Fifteen provided that opening
for us this year at the beginning of the contest and twenty is THE place to
be if you are in the southeast.  Why screw with ten and be connon-fodder for
the W6 and W7 stations?..:-)  I made 15 QSOs on 10 this year and had my best
relative finish ever in SS.  For SS in the southeast, there's no meters like
20 meters.

Bill K4XS