[CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad at enter.vg
Thu Nov 21 04:28:53 EST 2002

Leigh makes a very good point. Since we got the VK "window at 3794 to 3800 I
find it hard to make anything like a good number of Q's on 80.

It is really not fair to tie up this window with endless CQ's. I tried to
get it made a contest free zone here in VK because I knew what would happen.
However, that was not successful. Although I am sure those that hand out
numbers there would, in the main, scream like stuck pigs if I were to really
set the CQ machine going there and monopolise it.

Once again it appears that CW is the answer !  I can work VK6HD on 80  CW
almost any day in the season.

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com

or  http://www.visitnorway.com