[CQ-Contest] REMINDER - 2002 OCEANIA DX CONTEST

Brian Miller brianmiller at xtra.co.nz
Fri Oct 25 19:11:01 EDT 2002

Hi All

A reminder that the 2002 Oceania DX contest is happening over the first two weekends of October.
This will be the 66th Oceania DX Contest - lets make it the biggest and best yet!.

PHONE Contest: 0800 UTC Saturday 5 October to 0800 UTC Sunday 6 October
CW Contest: 0800 UTC Saturday 12 October to 0800 UTC Sunday 13 October

The rules are similar to last year except that Single-Op Single Band logs are required to record ALL
contacts made by the station, both on the band chosen for the entry and on any other bands.
Furthermore, we are looking for as many logs as possible to be emailed in electronic Cabrillo
format - to help the Committee process the logs and get the results out more quickly.

There are 7 new plaques/trophies available to the winners in various entry categories. We will
also award certificates to the 3 top scoring stations in the Non-Oceania Single Operator All
Band category.

The full rules are available from http://www.nzart.org.nz/nzart/update/contests/Oceania or,
alternatively, forward a request to octest at nzart.org.nz for a copy of the rules to be sent to your
email address.

The contest is supported by most of the popular contest logging packages including CT, Writelog, TR
Log, and SD Logger. See http://www.nzart.org.nz/nzart/Update/Contests/Oceania/software.htm for more
information about the compatibility of the various software packages.

We are working hard to promote a good turn out from Oceania stations. You can expect to find some of
the rarer Oceania prefixes - e.g.,
VK8DA, Darwin Amateur Radio Club, PH and CW
V63SC, Micronesia, Op JM1LBO, PH, 15m and 10m
3D2/W7DRA, Fiji, PH and CW

Remember that, as well as being a great opportunity to work Oceania stations, this contest is also a
good time to check out your station and start "warming up" for the CQ WW contests!

We look forward to seeing you in the 2002 contest. Please direct any inquiries to
octest at nzart.org.nzart

73

Brian Miller ZL1AZE
Chair Oceania DX Contest Committee
(VK5GN, VK3TZ, VK4UC, VK2FHN, VK2AYD, VK1JDX, ZL3GA, ZL2BSJ and ZL1AZE).

PS. You can get the latest gossip on the contest by joining the discussion group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OceaniaDXTest. Join the group by sending an email to
OceaniaDXTest-subscribe at yahoogroups.com.