[CQ-Contest] This Weekend: 45th PA QSO Party

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Fri Oct 11 19:41:32 EDT 2002

Short and sweet:

This weekend will be the 45th Annual Pennsylvania QSO Party, 1600Z Saturday
thru 0500Z Sunday, and then 1300Z Sunday thru 2200Z Sunday (yes, you get an
8 hour break overnight to sleep!).  Complete rules at
www.nittany-arc.org/paqso.html.

All 67 PA Counties will be active.  Mobiles galore will be running around
the countryside.  Lots of SSB & CW activity, and even some on VHF (146.55
will be the unofficial FM PaQP calling frequency).  160 Saturday night.
Special Event Bonus station W3FRC (from the QTH of K3ANS), celebrating the
75th anniversary of the Frankford Radio Club, will be covering all bands &
modes.  Certificates for county winners, plaques for division winners,
coffee mugs available to anyone who works 100 or more stations, and a
special plaque available for anyone pulling off a 67 County Clean Sweep (my
goal for this year)

Hope to work you in the contest!  Look for me from Allegheny County, W4ZE in
Washington County N3SH in Clarion County, WA3SH from the
Westmoreland/Somerset County Line, N3ZNI, N3WAV and N0VLR mobile, and that's
just plugging the guys in my club... there'll be PLENTY of others!

73, ron wn3vaw

"And they give you cash,
which is just as good as money!"
Yogi Berra, AFLAC Commercial, 2002