[CQ-Contest] Out of Band operating

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 30 19:05:13 EST 2002

I can see it being mistakes, I can see it being some people trying to "slip
one in."

Any time that I've been CQing outside the U.S. phone bands and asked a U.S.
caller if they were entitled to operate there, it seems the reply, either
explicit or implicit, was that it was MY fault for operating there, even
though I'm perfectly entitled under Canadian law.

Sorry guys, there are times in DX contests when it pays to slip below the
U.S. phone band (we don't have subbands in law any more) to run JAs or
Europe, particularly from here, particularly on 15. Please don't yell at me
to "move up!" The runs won't last that long and I'll have to go back to
working above the bottom edge soon anyway, so just relax.

Be all this as it may, I'm not going to get my mic cable in a knot over
this. If you want to call me outside the band, call me.

It's your licence and your log at risk, not mine.

73, kelly
ve4xt

Life's too short to get lost in the weeds.