[CQ-Contest] RF and Speed Stream

Reid Hill kc5ykx at swbell.net
Thu Sep 5 22:12:29 EDT 2002

I have a Speed Stream 5260 DSL modem that is not affected by any RF.
You are assuming that the modem is the cause. A few things to try/consider.

1. Have you by-passed the router to make sure that is not the source?
2. Have you tried different Cat 5 patch cables?
3. Have you tried a different NIC card?

The RF could be entering the system from several points in the chain.
>From outside wiring to the inside jack. Jack to modem. Modem to router.
Router to NIC. Just some thoughts from this end. (Thanks goodness I dont
have to trouble shoot RF in our 70+ LANS in the local school district.)

73, Reid KC5YKX